Monday, October 10, 2011

Ningyogami

Introducing you guys with NINGYOGAMI, which is a kind of Japanese Paper Dolls.

My paper dolls!
The doll with black colour kimono is the failed product. It seemed flawless from this picture but I can tell you that I've ruined her face when I drew the mouth. Sorry.

When I studied secondary school, I was a member of the Japanese society. I remembered that one of the activities was doing this kind of paper crafts. However, I forgot the steps of making this paper doll, so I googled and found this useful blog which teach people to make Ningyogami.

If you google the Ningyogami image, you can found a lot of the dolls without any facial organs such as eyes, nose and mouth. I found it's kind of scary (because ghost movies are always like that) so I decided to add eyes and smiling mouth for the dolls. To make them looked friendly. :D

Also, if you think the face is too pale, you can actually colour the face with colour pencils too, skin colour according to your preferences.

Here is my final product!

Dolls with make-up.
See! Make-up really made a huge difference even though they are paper dolls.

-The End-
xoxo

2 comments:

Jong said...

hey...is really nice...i'm making one myself after reading your post.

Nicole Choo said...

Hope you have fun while making this craft. :)